Re: amd64(gcc4): aptitude dumps core

On 05-Jan-13 22:40, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 10:25:29PM +0100, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> >
> > But of course some of my patches were wrong and were
> > rejected or corrected by the maintainers, by upstream
> > or even by yourself (thanks!).
>
> Everybody makes mistakes, so do I.  Which is why it's always
> useful to let someone that knows the package have a look at it
> before applying it.

You are right with this, of course. And it is good that the pure64
archive handles things that way. I hope that pure64 will soon
become an official part of the Debian distribution.

For the gcc-3.4 archive it is not always possible to wait for the
maintainer to apply a patch. The gcc-3.4 archive simply would not
be able to build those 500 packages for which there are patches
that have not yet been applied by the maintainers. Some of these
patches have been sent to the BTS more than half a year ago.
Many more than those 500 packages could not be built because
all the dependencies would have to wait, too.

Regards
Andreas Jochens