Re: amd64(gcc4): aptitude dumps core

Harald Dunkel wrote:

| Hi folks,
|
| Since the most recent upgrade of apt (0.5.27.2.0.0.1.gcc4)
| aptitude dies with a core dump immediately.

PS: Going back to the old version built with gcc 3.4 (AFAIK)
fixes the problem.

Folks, I need my PC. amd64(gcc-3.4) is on Unstable, but not
Experimental. Don't use an experimental compiler, please.

The gcc-3.4 (well, I guess it's now 4.0 but still has the old name) distrobution should be considered experimental. If you just want something that works use the pure64 version.

-Peter