Re: amd64(gcc4): aptitude dumps core

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 08:09:00PM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 10:36:33AM -0600, Pete Harlan wrote:
> >
> > If the pure64 version worked for us we would have used it, but it
> > didn't.  (For details see my post in this list several months ago.)
> > Switching to the gcc-3.4 archive finally worked for us.
>
> I'm assuming you're talking about mysql?

Yes.

> I've just build mysql-dfsg 4.0.23-1, ran make test, and got:
> All 211 tests were successful.

We got that too, until we ran "make test" in a loop.  Every twenty
times or so through the loop (running the 211 test each time) a test
would fail, usually one of the tests having to do with replication,
but which one varied from run to run.  i386 was fine, gcc-3.4 was
fine, pure64 wasn't.  If you can't reproduce this, then perhaps the
relevant thing in pure64 got fixed, which would be great.

--Pete