Re: Installation disks should be using 2.6.10 kernel

> Well I've got exactly the same problem with the same motherboard.
> First I saw that the kernel on the install CD didn't recognized my onboard
> gigabit network adapter, so I put a ne2000 pci card in my computer and
> tried again, then it was unable to use my SATA drive so I gave up.
> Debian sarge i386 won't be instalable on my computer neither.
> So I tryed Ubuntu and it installed imediatly without problem but ubuntu
> is gnome oriented and their kde packages sucks, so I wonder if it's possible
> to "convert" an ubuntu installation to an amd64-sid ? (sounds weird but perhaps
> there's a way) Of course, the best would be to include 2.6.10 in the amd64-sid
> install CD.

Just to be precise : I downloaded the amd64-sarge-cd1, and the netboot-sid.

Both discovered the gigabit ethernet correctly. But they found the
firewire interface before and gave the eth0 interface to it.
Then it did DHCP requests on the firewire instead of the ethernet.
To me, the sarge did discover your gigabit interface but didn't dhcp on
it.