Re: Kernel-2.6.10 and 32bit emulation

> Hi,
>
> Sythos <sythos@sythos.net> wrote:
> > I read on kernel 2.6.10 changelog that 32bit emulation is widely
> > improved...
> >
> > This change something in amd64 situation?
>
> using that kernel I had the problem that mplayer-32bit (from marillat)
> totally freezes up my system. No matter if called from the chroot or
> from the 64bit-environment. But I didn't spend much time in solving
> this. Maybe its just a problem with my configuration.

If you google a bit, you'll be able to find some amd64 packages for
mplayer, also from marillat. Unfortunately last time i checked, there
was no debian repository, so you can't install them by adding a few
lines to your sources.list and using apt. You'll have to get all
needed packages and install them with dpkg.

About 32 bit emulation, if i need to run a 32bit app i look for a
statically compiled binary, and they use to work. I tried to configure
a chroot environment to run labview 7, but i didn't success.

Aritz Beraza [Rei]
--
Aritz Beraza Garayalde [Rei]
[ WWW ]  http://evangelion.homelinux.net