Re: TIGER K8w Dual opteron crash

I had the same problem with my laptop after a fresh install of pure64.
In my case I was able to link network activity with the crashes. Just
visiting a web site would very likely completely freeze the laptop.

Finally the solution was to replace the kernel. I installed a vanilla
2.6.10 from kernel.org and bum! everything is OK since then.

I still have the original Debian kernel in my Grub menu and believe me,
it doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to see the laptop totally
frozen (this is the closest I've been to "hybernation" in my new laptop,
still working on it :).

--
Pedro