Re: Firefox instability

John Goerzen wrote:

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:56:08AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
I've only just tried FireFox on amd64 today.  (Using Konqueror
previously)

OK, make that "Yesterday", oops.

But in general, the symtoms I've seen are:

1. Random crashing

2. The firefox UI freezes for about 5-10 seconds, followed by either
  normal behavior (60% of the time) or a crash (40% of the time)

Firefox in my 32-bit chroot -- running under the same X server and
everything -- works fine.
I've been running Firefox 64-bit for months, generally over
a network. I do get a crash occasionally -- but in the order
of one a month, with hours of daily use.  I've avoided using
plugins.
A flash plugin sounds like a good suspect in your case.

Dave