Re: Firefox instability

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:38:09AM -0800, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 11:28 -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Firefox seems to be quite unstable on amd64.  It's crashed on me many
> > times, though the 32-bit version seems fine on the same machine.  Any
> > ideas?
>
> Is this just a general observation, or started recently?  I haven't had
> the first problem with FireFox and I use it fairly heavily (as I suspect
> do most of the list members).

I've only just tried FireFox on amd64 today.  (Using Konqueror
previously)

> Data-dependent system trouble (crash with sigill perhaps)?  Odd plugins?

Yesterday, a crash at www.theregister.co.uk/odds was 100% repeatable,
but that's not so today.

I have no plugins that aren't part of Debian main (and the ones I have were
also recognized by Konqueror without incident).  I think there's just
mozplugger and kaffeine.

-- John