Re: acroread works now && /emul naming scheme?

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:12:17AM -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 09:38, Ryan Lovett wrote:
> > Thanks for the tip. Is there an amd64 deb for acroread? I get the i386
> > from Christian Marillat's site, though he doesn't yet have an amd64
> > archive.
>
> I contacted him and he says he doesn't intend to start an AMD64
> repository, but he will gladly add a link to one, the same way he links
> to the PPC repository.

I actually contacted him yesterday about this too. :)

  Ryan Lovett <ryan@ocf.berkeley.edu> writes:
  > On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 10:51:56AM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:

  [...]

  >> I've already received 2 or 3 propositions for that, but apparently
  >> people doesn't have web space to store these packages, and mi site is
  >> limited. Do you have the space to store these packages ?
  >
  > I have space, but unfortunately do not have permission to host a public
  > area.

  How many space is needed for all amd64 packages ? If i can make some
  space for amd64 how we can manage that ?

  Christian

> I have built most of his packages on AMD64 (save for mplayer, which is
> Hard),  but I wouldn't want to host it for fear of the MPAA/DVD-CCA
> inquisition.

I plan on creating a local mirror of amd64 if I can figure out how to
setup an autobuilder. Perhaps if the amd64 packages don't require too much
space Christian might find room.

> If anyone wants to try to fix up the mplayer package, or host an AMD64
> repository in Ukraine, drop me a mail.

A couple months ago I was able to build an amd64 mplayer package. I can't
find it, but could look into repackaging it from files. (I think there's a
package that can do this.) Otherwise I'll try a new build.

Ryan