Re: acroread works now && /emul naming scheme?

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 09:38, Ryan Lovett wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 03:44:13PM +0200, Sebastian Steinlechner wrote:
> > There, "evgeny" describes how to get acroread to work with amd64. The
> > solution boils down to adding
> >
> > export XLOCALEDIR=/emul/ia32-linux/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/
> >
> > to the top of /usr/bin/acroread, as the locale directory already exists
> > on pure64.
>
> Thanks for the tip. Is there an amd64 deb for acroread? I get the i386
> from Christian Marillat's site, though he doesn't yet have an amd64
> archive.

I contacted him and he says he doesn't intend to start an AMD64
repository, but he will gladly add a link to one, the same way he links
to the PPC repository.

I have built most of his packages on AMD64 (save for mplayer, which is
Hard),  but I wouldn't want to host it for fear of the MPAA/DVD-CCA
inquisition.

If anyone wants to try to fix up the mplayer package, or host an AMD64
repository in Ukraine, drop me a mail.

-jwb