Re: gcc vs. g++: really strange behaviour

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 18:20, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:16:15AM +0200, Sebastian Steinlechner wrote:
> > #define __USE_XOPEN // this is superfluous, but the same occurs without
>
> Never ever use any of the "__" defines.  They are internal to the
> c library.  Use the proper "_" define like setting _XOPEN_SOURCE
> to 500 or something.
>
> Replacing that line with:
> #define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500

Ok, that helped somewhat. At least I know now it's not the compilers
fault. But then again, why didn't anyone care to mention you need to
#define _XOPEN_SOURCE in ptsname(3)? It's definitely undefined otherwise
and that's what crashes a prerelease version of gftp 2.0.18 on my
machine.

Anyways, I'm going to check back with the gftp developer now, seems like
two additional _GNU_SOURCEs do the trick.

--
Sebastian Steinlechner