Re: installation stuck in loop

Christian,

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for -- I'm new to this
list -- but I just did a successful AMD64 install to an Opteron server with
SATA hard disks, using the Debian From Scratch (DFS) method. (See The Debian
GNU/Linux AMD64 HOWTO:
https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id257798)

The result was a fully functional, but basic, pure 64 bit system.

cmr

--
Debian 'Sarge': Registered Linux User #241964
----