Re: testing buildd && gcc-3.4 transition

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 03:21:08PM -0300, Peter Cordes wrote:
>  I don't plan to boot pure64 on these machines soon, just use it as a
> chroot, so does it make sense to just change my sources.list and apt-get
> dist-upgrade from the gcc-3.4 archive, or should I re-install from scratch?
> (Or should I apt-get install --reinstall everything from the new archive
> with a clever shell command?)

I have not tried it, but upgrading should work, like it did for the gcc-3.2
transition in sid some years ago (after woody released).

But I would wait until the archive is complete, there are still some hundred
packages missing compared to pure64.

Greetings
Frederik Schueler

--