Re: help installing sid

if you manually edit the sources.list at the command line and run apt-get update from there do you get the same error? Can you post the complete error and anything that might be relevant from dmesg /var/log/messages and /var/log/syslog.

Brian Chase wrote:

yes

Jacob Bresciani wrote:

you were able to wget though?

Brian Chase wrote:

That didn't fix it.

Jacob Bresciani wrote:

Brian Chase wrote:

Ok, I downloaded sid net installer CD iso image, got into the base config, then failed in the apt configuration.

I get the error message "Failed to access the Debian archive", on all the mirrors I was able to select. Admittedly, I did not try every single one, but 10 or 12 of them, both in US and Germany.

I confirmed I am connected to the internet with ping of other hosts out there.

Can anyone help me get past this problem? It appears as if it's not finding the files it's looking for when it tries to query the sources.

drop to a console and type in
wget http://www.bresciani.ca/~jbresc/amd64-sid-sources.list

put this in /etc/apt/

the apt-get update should work now

the ones in the installer never work for me.

or manually enter sources and use the following (which is what is in my sources.list file)

deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64 sid main contrib non-free deb-src http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64 sid main contrib non-free

deb http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se/pure64 sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se/pure64 sid main contrib non-free

deb http://bytekeeper.as28747.net/amd64/alioth/pure64 sid main contrib non-free deb-src http://bytekeeper.as28747.net/amd64/alioth/pure64 sid main contrib non-f