Re: non-install report

>>>>> "Hank" == Hank Barta <hbarta@gmail.com> writes:

 Hank> I'm testing now with APIC off. But I'm confused a bit by how to
 Hank> do this. In varrious places I see 'apic=off' or 'noapic' and
 Hank> 'nolapic' as it is recommended in the Ubuntu boot help for Via
 Hank> chip sets.

The best way to turn it off is in the kernel configuration options.
That is if you are compiling a kernel. Otherwise read the
documentation that explains all of this in detail. It is in the
linux kernel source tree.
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/x86_64/boot-options.txt is the correct
file.

I have had real problems with apic with strange lockups. apci
seems more stable in 2.6.10-rc[12] releases.

Good luck,

Alan