Re: sid-amd64-netinst.iso install report

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 01:13, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Make sure sk98lin is listed in /etc/modules, and that eth0 has a config
> setup in /etc/network/interfaces (man interfaces for details).

I edited /etc/modules, put in sk98lin, rebooted, and tried to ping the
other machine on the NFS network. Unfortunately, no response.
Here is a snip from dmesg and some output:

scoop@my64:~! dmesg
sk98lin: Network Device Driver v6.22
(C)Copyright 1999-2004 Marvell(R).
eth0: Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter
      PrefPort:A  RlmtMode:Check Link State
scoop@my64:~$ more /etc/modules
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a "#", and everything on the line after them are ignored.

ide-cd
ide-detect
# NEDIT added sk98lin for eth0 connection 20041122
sk98lin
scoop@my64:~$ more /etc/network/interfaces
### etherconf DEBCONF AREA. DO NOT EDIT THIS AREA OR INSERT TEXT BEFORE
IT.
auto lo eth0

iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.3
        netmask 255.25.255.0
        broadcast 192.168.1.255

### END OF DEBCONF AREA.  PLACE YOUR EDITS BELOW; THEY WILL BE
PRESERVED.

scoop@my64:~$

I read man interfaces and I notice that there is no mapping stanza in my
/etc/network/interfaces.
Thanks,
Norv