Re: amd64 build necessary to get nvidia nforce3 mobo working?

Thank you for your replies, everybody, I'll try 386 again tonight...

I tried the amd64 mini.iso installer. It works great up until it needs
to install the base system. Then, it can't find the network. I go to
command line and I do ifconfig

I get
eth0  Link Encap: UNSPEC HWaddr and then a bunch of numbers separated
by colons. Lots of them. Besides, not having the base install I don't
have pppoe and therefore the installer can't get on the internet to
get the base install.

I have a feeling that this is where that bootstrapping with sarge 386
comes into play, but I don't know what that means.

Is there another iso image available, aside from the mini.iso, that
also contains the base system? And what does this Link Encap: UNSPEC
stuff mean?

On the computer I am using right now, ifconfig says

eth0      Lien encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:0F:1F:C8:9C:55

Alex.