Re: Cool N' Quiet

On Saturday 13 November 2004 11:56, Slava Risenberg wrote:
> I've tried to get it working, I mean to lower the CPU frequency
> automatically by loading powernow_k8 module, but without any success.
> I guess I have to do something else to get it working. Any ideas?
> I'm using Gigabyte GA-K8 NS motherboard with NVidia 3 250 chipset.

Another thing to note is that some BIOS's (like the one on my COMPAQ R3000
laptop) are broken and don't have the correct frequency table.  In order to
get it working you have to set the ACPI cpufreq option
(CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ).  This way the kernel will get the frequency info
through ACPI, which is how windoze does it...

-Ted