Re: pbuilder maybe? Perhaps?

On 04-Nov-01 16:55, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Pbuilder is in the archive. I could manually download and
> install it. But at runtime (using the same server
> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/gcc-3.4) pbuilder
> complained about the Packages file and about Bash:
>
> Distribution is sarge.
> Building the build environment
> ~ -> running debootstrap
> I: Retrieving debootstrap.invalid_dists_sarge_Release
> I: Validating debootstrap.invalid_dists_sarge_Release
> I: Retrieving debootstrap.invalid_dists_sarge_main_binary-amd64_Packages
> I: Validating debootstrap.invalid_dists_sarge_main_binary-amd64_Packages
> W:
> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/gcc-3.4/dists/sarge/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz was corrupt
> I: Retrieving debootstrap.invalid_dists_sarge_main_binary-amd64_Packages
> I: Validating debootstrap.invalid_dists_sarge_main_binary-amd64_Packages
> W:
> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/gcc-3.4/dists/sarge/main/binary-amd64/Packages was corrupt
> I: Checking apt...
> :
> :
> I: Retrieving bash
> E: Couldn't download bash
> pbuilder: debootstrap failed
> ~ -> Aborting with an error
> ~ -> cleaning the build env
> ~    -> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//5703 and its
> subdirectories
>

> Would anybody mind to check?

pbuilder is trying to debootstrap a 'sarge' chroot environment.
The gcc-3.4 archive does not have 'sarge' at the moment, only
'unstable'. This is why the debootstrap cannot download packages
from 'sarge' and fails.

However, this may change soon. I have prepared a gcc-3.4 version
of 'sarge' and I plan to upload it to alioth at the end of this
week. The uploading process will take a few days because of the limited
upload bandwidth of my internet connection.

I had to to do some restructuring in my own gcc-3.4 archive to also
handle 'sarge' in addition to 'unstable' and this lead to some delayed
package updates on alioth. Sorry for the incoveniece this may have
caused.

Regards
Andreas Jochens