Re: sound with sid and amd64 kernel

Stephen Waters <debian@luy.info> writes:

> ALSA works pretty well with 32-bit user space and 64-bit kernel (so
> long as you have snd-ioctl32 loaded). However, the "dmix" plugin
> appears to be broken. Have any of you been able to get ALSA's dmix
> to work?

dmix seems to be built on ALSA's mmap mode and that just doesn't work
in mixed 32/64-bit environments, it only works in pure 32-bit and pure
64-bit environments.
(I hit that problem with a PPC64 kernel and 32-bit userspace.)

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/java2-status/