Re: AMD64 mainboard with X-PCI ?

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Michelle Konzack wrote:

Hello,

I do not find any AMD64(fx) mainboards with X-PCI Slots in Germany/
France. Only Opterons which are to expensive for a Workststion.

I need a X-PCI slot because my Intel GBit NIC's.

Can you tell me some mainboard types which support X-PCI ?

If you mean PCI-X (I've never heard of X-PCI), you probably won't get hold of a cheap motherboard with that. PCI-X is usually only available on server and workstation motherboards, which means Opteron in the amd64 world.

But if you don't need to do more than about 30 MByte/s, a PCI-X card will fit in an ordinary PCI slot.

/Mattias Wadenstein