Re: network probs on HP xw8200

Count László de Almásy wrote:

On the other end is an OpenBSD box providing NAT services to this
private network, and beyond that, an Extreme Networks switch.  But
this setup works fine for at least a dozen users running every type of
hardware and OS you can imagine.

And as I said, when I install Redhat, this same box works fine.  It's
just when I install Debian/AMD64 that I have these network problems,
so it must be something with the software (kernel?).  I just have no
idea what it could be.

Thanks.

Could this be the TCP window scaling problem?
See http://lwn.net/Articles/92727/

Michal