Re: OT: Gnumeric and cups

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 02:52, Davide Ling wrote:
> Il mar, 2004-10-19 alle 09:19, Davide Ling ha scritto:
> > and now gnumeric works!
> > But.. is there a clean solution?
> >
> > I don't like install cupsys and configure a printer if I
> > don't need it,
> > and if if I need libgnomeprintcups.so I'll have to remember I moved it.
> Here my not very clear solution.
> Installed cupsys and cups-pdf.
> Removed the cups client configuration.
> Configured a pdf-printer (but I don't need it).
> Now gnumeric is happy!
>
> Later I'll configure a remote printer to print on
> my remote printer.
>
> Without cupsys I don't know.

Gnumeric works with cups! The problem you observed happened inside cups
(not in gnumeric or libgnomeprint). If cups is correctly configured and
able to communicate with its printers you should not have any problems
with gnumeric.

Oh, and just to be sure: this has absolutely nothing to do with amd64
but is a generic cups issue.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow