Re: From Sid to Sarge

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 16:57, Davide Ling wrote:
> Il mar, 2004-10-19 alle 00:42, Levi Bard ha scritto:
> > I have a similar problem with anjuta - I think it may be related to
> > gconf2.  Anjuta starts, I get the splash screen, then it hangs.  If I
> > look at the strace, it goes to read a file in /tmp (which is what
> > makes me suspect gconf), catches an error, and sits there waiting for
> > something to time out.
>
> Is possible that gnumeric needs to connect to cups?
> strace gnumeric give me many connect to my localhost:631, but cups is
> not installed because i have a cups server on another machine! So I have
> instelled only cups client
> programs.

gnumeric uses libgnomeprint which will try to connect to a cups server.
You may want to try to go into
 /usr/lib/libgnomeprint/*/modules
and move the libgnomeprintcups module out of that directory.

Then libgnomeprint will not try to use cups, and you can at least see
whether that is the problem. (You should be able to run libgnomeprint
with just the cups client stuff though.)

If that is the problem, gnumeric would come up after a really long time
when cups is timing out.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow