debian beginner is stuck....

Hi there,
I am just trying to run Debian on my Shuttle AMD64 box. I've worked with most major distributions, but am new to Debian. A very positive experience with the new installer on a 32-bit box now made me try the 64. The base system installed perfectly via network (thanks to you all!), within a couple of minutes I was up and running. But how do I go beyond base to a graphical system? The 32-bit installer offered a choice, but 64 just left me on my own. I am using Alioth sid main and its mirrors, but I have the feeling I am missing something here ;-)
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks a lot.
Best wishes
Andreas