Re: Netboot- problem to find mirror

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 07:15:25PM +0200, TAC-TAC computer wrote:
>  am using netboot installer (Sarge)
> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/debian-installer/daily/netboot/
>
> and I have problem to find a mirror with installer components.
>
> Err:  Download installer components - Bad archive mirror

 The netboot installer loads some kernel modules (and installer components)
from the mirror, so it has to match the installer.  That means you have to
tell it you're installing unstable.  Use the "go back" option to get to the
main menu...

 Once you've downloaded the installer components, you could go back and change
to installing sarge again, except that there is no amd64 sarge archive.
It's actually a symlink to sid, or something like that.  Andreas (IIRC) said
he had his own AMD64 Sarge archive, but I don't think he said he was going
to put it on Alioth.

> I tried to set it manually to debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org - but I am
> not sure if there is the correct mirror located there, and I don't know the
> right path to it.

 The path is /debian for the regular version, or /gcc-3.4 for the gcc 3.4
version.

> Does exists a list of amd64 mirrors, and of mirrors with installer componensts - I assume it is different.

There's
deb http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se/gcc-3.4 unstable main contrib non-free

 Get the installer components from the same mirror as the netboot image,
since the kernel modules have to match the kernel.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)