Re: No dma for via82cxxx

A Dimarts 12 Octubre 2004 22:22, Manwe Sulimo va escriure:
> Cierto día Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:38:09 -0300
>
> alguien expulsó estas perlas:

Bueno, tampoco nos pasemos, eh? ;-)
------

Hi,

it's curious but the same day I have realised that I have the same problem. I
cannot activate the DMA access for the via82cxxx to my dvd.

I did some kind of search on the net and I have one "posible" solution but I
couldn't test it yet, so please if someone could do it, inform. The link is
in spanish [1]

In the kernel configuration you have to be sure that this options are
activated. I don't know if in the amd64 kernel series they are activated by
default:

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA=y

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_IVB=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_MODES=y

So,

please if you could test it, tell something.

Best regards,

Leo

[1] http://bulma.net/impresion.phtml?nIdNoticia=551