Re: vmware problem [LinuxThreads, NPTL]

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 10:47:53PM +0200, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 10:43:22PM +0200, Javier Aguilar Saavedra wrote:
> > Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers
> > libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
>
> Is this likely to be triggered by missing LinuxThreads support?
>
> Latest libc6 in pure64 is NPTL only.

Hi,

Do you know how I can compile a program that requires LinuxThreads?

Specifically, when running "configure" from the mysql source from
mysql.com, it now fails with:

 checking "LinuxThreads"... "Not found"
 configure: error: This is a linux system and Linuxthreads was not
 found. On linux Linuxthreads should be used.  Please install Linuxthreads
 (or a new glibc) and try again.  See the Installation chapter in the
 Reference Manual for more information.

Is LinuxThreads available as a separate .deb, or compilable
separately, or am I going to have to modify the source or compile my
own glibc?

Thanks,

--Pete