Re: Why do I need an AMD64?

> > Le ven 01/10/2004 à 17:00, Jérôme Marant a écrit :
> > > I'm pondering buying an Athlon64 machine. However, I wonder why
> > > I would need a 64 bits machine.
> >
> > > Are there any reasons not to stick to 32 bits currently?
> > I don't know.
> >
> > I've just bought one today. Why ? I wanted a mini-PC. I've choose the
> > Shuttle SN85G4, for athlon64 socket 754. I liked the box. There was an
> > equivalent for P4.
> Great! I'm looking forward to buy a mini-PC too :-) I'm going to
> have a closer look to that Shuttle.

You should!! I've  had one for 5-6 months. With cpu frequency control,
and the temperature controlled smart fan, it's almost noiseless. But
remember yo buy a quite big Harddisk, there's no space for another one

Ah! and don't worry anymore for having to compile anything (x.org,
kde, gnome, anything you want), it will take nothing but a few
minutes, and you will still be able to work as if nothing where

Aritz Beraza Garayalde [Rei]
[ WWW ]  http://evangelion.homelinux.net
[jabber]  rei@bulmalug