Re: AMD64 version of Sarge

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 06:52:36PM +0200, Software Admin wrote:
> At alioth there seems to be a AMD64 version of Sarge.
> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64/dists/sarge/
> But it looks like it's a alias for the unstable release.

What you are looking for is at

This archive works, but is not as complete as the normal pure64
archive (missing a bootloader, notably).

A few days ago, I was able to downgrade a server to this release with
very little manual intervention, only ntpd and yafc had to be
installed manually. This will probably be significantly more difficult
for a desktop system.

To make apt downgrade packages, it is necessary to put the lines

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 1001

into /etc/apt/preferences, if you want to use packages from unstable

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 60

Since this archive has never been formally announced, one should
probably make no assuptions regarding up-to-dateness, security updates

Also hoping that this archive will follow the new stable release,