Re: pivot_root: No such file or directory

Now I've got the SCSI subsystem up and running...
But still pivot_root error and panic.

Disklayout as of today:
hda = PATA HDD
hdb = PATA HDD
hdc = PATA HDD
hdd = PATA DVD
hde = SATA HDD
hdg = SATA HDD

Important /etc/fstab-entries:
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hdg1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/hdg3       /boot           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdg9       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdg8       /tmp            ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdg6       /usr            ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdg7       /var            ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdg5       none            swap    sw              0       0

I believe it's something to do with the root= entry in menu.lst.

My menu.lst entry for 2.6.7
title           Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.7
root            (hd0,2)
kernel          /vmlinuz-2.6.7 root=/dev/hdg1 ro
initrd          /initrd.img-2.6.7

My menu.lst entry for 2.6.8
title           Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.8-3-amd64-k8
root            (hd0,2)
kernel          /vmlinuz-2.6.8-3-amd64-k8 root=/dev/sdb1 ro
initrd          /initrd.img-2.6.8-3-amd64-k8

I've remade the initrd, with sata_via in /etc/mkinitrd/modules

My current situation makes me suspect that I'm pointing to the wrong device in menu.lst (root=)
I do have 8 USB ports which at a later stage uses /dev/sdXX a device-names, in 2.6.7.

Help, I _really_ need it now.

.O.	Scream, Scream like the silence of the bits.
..O	Dead lies the flag by the feet of the cold one.
OOO	Freedom WILL break the walls of mammon.