Re: pivot_root: No such file or directory

Now I've got the SCSI subsystem up and running...
But still pivot_root error and panic.

Disklayout as of today:
hda = PATA HDD
hdb = PATA HDD
hdc = PATA HDD
hdd = PATA DVD
hde = SATA HDD
hdg = SATA HDD

Important /etc/fstab-entries:
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hdg1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/hdg3       /boot           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdg9       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdg8       /tmp            ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdg6       /usr            ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdg7       /var            ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdg5       none            swap    sw              0       0

I believe it's something to do with the root= entry in menu.lst.

My menu.lst entry for 2.6.7
title           Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.7
root            (hd0,2)
kernel          /vmlinuz-2.6.7 root=/dev/hdg1 ro
initrd          /initrd.img-2.6.7
savedefault
boot

My menu.lst entry for 2.6.8
title           Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.8-3-amd64-k8
root            (hd0,2)
kernel          /vmlinuz-2.6.8-3-amd64-k8 root=/dev/sdb1 ro
initrd          /initrd.img-2.6.8-3-amd64-k8
savedefault
boot

I've remade the initrd, with sata_via in /etc/mkinitrd/modules

My current situation makes me suspect that I'm pointing to the wrong device in menu.lst (root=)
I do have 8 USB ports which at a later stage uses /dev/sdXX a device-names, in 2.6.7.

Help, I _really_ need it now.

--
.O.	Scream, Scream like the silence of the bits.
..O	Dead lies the flag by the feet of the cold one.