Re: nvidia but no glx

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 20:47, Andree Zeulner wrote:

> could someone give me an explanation about how to install the newest
> nvidia-drivers?

The problem here is, that /usr/lib64 is a symlink to /usr/lib in debian
pure64 (though I don't know why that is). The nvidia installer tries to
install all its 64bit libs in /usr/lib64 (so they are effectively
written to /usr/lib) and then writes the 32bit libs in /usr/lib. That's
where you get the error - because the 64bit libs are already there. It's
obviously a Bad Thing and I'd like to see this fixed...

Whatever, if you don't need the 32bit libraries, then you might just
remove the /usr/lib64 symlink and create a real directory instead. Run
the installer, then copy the contents of /usr/lib64 over to /usr/lib and
make it a symlink again. If you want to use the 32bit libraries as well,
you have to manually copy them to /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib - it's
probably easiest to tell the nvidia installer to just extract all the
files in a directory and then copy them over by hand.