Attempt #2

After giving up trying to install debian on my medley raid system I decided to try installing to a standard IDE disk drive and try my luck at copying the system over to raid later.

However, on completing the install and rebooting I was greeted with "GRUB GRUB GRUB" repeating forever (yes I was booting from, and installed to the IDE drive). I chose to install grub to the MBR. After some thinking I then re-ran the install and tried lilo as my boot loader. Now it says "L 01 01 01"... etc. What could be wrong?

The IDE drive I'm using is quite small (340MB) as I have given away all my larger ones... Could this be an issue?

Ross