Do I need 64Bit if RAM is more than 4 GB?

Hi folks,

I hope this is the right place for this kind of question:

I want to run a server with more than 4 GB of RAM. I do not need applications/processes to address more than 4 GB each. Let's say I want to have 2 instances of apache on the machine, and each instance should address a max of 4 GB.

Do I need a 64Bit Linux then? Or can I install a 32Bit Linux on a Server with 8 GB RAM, set up my 2 instances of apache, and that`s it?

Sorry for that kind of basic question but I did not find any docs on that googling around.

Thanks for any help and hint.

Dirk