Re: kernel 2.8 panic

A Dijous 02 Setembre 2004 21:03, Kurt Roeckx va escriure:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 08:24:02PM +0200, Bibiche wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My Linux kernel 2.8.1 doesn't boot. The three last log lines before panic
> > are :
> >
> > pivot_root : No such file or directory
> > 2.8.1 /sbin/init : 426 cannot open dev/console : No such file
> > kernel panic : Attempted to kill init!
>
> I think the problem is that you're on an sata disk that used to
> be named hde and now it called sda.

I think that you are talking about kernel 2.6.x, no? ;-)

My question is about simple. I have installed the i386 version and it has
detected my sata devices as hdex. However, I have found that you said that
now the sata devices are naming sdax, as the scsi.
Which one is better or simple is a different name?
There's differences betwend the amd64 sata driver and the i386 sata driver?

Thank's in advance,

Leo