Re: Direct Rendering kernel 2.6.7 and nvidia drivers

On Monday 28 Jun 2004 22:09, Bharath Ramesh wrote:
> I installed the nvidia drivers on my Athlon64 machine and compiled the
> nvidia drivers from http://minion.de. I get the following information.
>
> name of display: :0.0
> Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
> display: :0  screen: 0

You haven't installed the nvidia GLX.  nvidia do not use DRI they use their
own version.

You should get something like:

server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.3
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.3

You can't mix SGI glx with NVidia glx and get direct rendering (you'll get
software rendering instead, which on an amd64 isn't too bad so you might get
away with it).

I get 3,100 FPS in glxgears if it helps as a benchmark.

Tony