Re: DFS Install report

>I forgot to add
>auto lo
>iface lo inet loopback

Thanks for the tip!

>I have not gotten dri acceleration working yet... has there been any success in this area?
>Suppose I have to compile my own kernel.

Open source DRI acceleration is available for your Radeon 9200, according to this page:

http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ATIRadeon?action=highlight&value=CategoryHardware

...so despite the fact that ATI has not released anything for linux 64-bit (it has only just released a Windows 64-bit beta driver), you should be OK. I would suggest recompiling your kernel, making sure that under 'Character devices', you select agpgart, DRI, radeon and anything else that looks helpful. You will also have to add a Driver "radeon" line and all the rest of it to /etc/X11/XFree86Config-4 (I think that's the right file - I am sadly without my Debian installation at the moment!)

Remember that if you later, for whatever reason, decide to use ATI's proprietary drivers (not available yet, see above), you will need to recompile the kernel again *without* DRI support, otherwise the fglrx (ATI) module will not be loadable.

hth

~Matt