Re[2]: perl DBD buidl problems

Hi!

thanks a lot, i recompiled and it works now.

as for the grub problems, i just dont compile
the kernel using initrd and it works now.

i dont use the archives because this a pure mysql
server, so the only app that needs to be up-to-date
is mysql. in the past the normal debian archives
were to outdated for me (testing), so i justed recompiled
mysql when a new version was released. the only
other thing i compile myself is the kernel, everything
else is directly from the archives.

btw, i never read if debian amd64 is ready for
production environment. i think/hope so? :-)
how much would the speed impact be, if using
a pure 32bit environment? the machine only
runs mysql4, has 4gb ram and 2x246 opteron.

Corin