Re: amd64 installer (Debian From Scratch)

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 15:34, John Goerzen wrote:
> repository.  I wonder if you would have better luck bootstrapping
> directly from the amd64 archive:
>
>   cdebootstrap -a sid /mnt http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64/

Hmm, already tried that - not /really/ successfully, i have/hate to
admit. Installation went well, but the boot process failed with 'error
opening /dev/console' during init :-(
Might be because i used the kernel sources from Debian (2.6.6) with
module support ... will have to give it another try!

> Alternatively, you could download one of the tarball-based bootstrap
> systems.  I could put one of them on the CD for a future version if
> cdebootstrap continues to be obstinate :-)

Yep, that's on my list, too.

> Someone else may have to chime in there, as I know very little about
> SATA and have no SATA hardware myself.

Yes, i should probably post it to one of the kernel-related lists!

Steffen