Re: Making /pure64 image bootable

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 11:53:19PM -0700, Toshikazu Aiyama, Ph.D. wrote:
> Again could you please help me to boot up!  Thank you,
> in advance.

 On my Opteron cluster with Tyan 2880 motherboards, the machines were
initially running plain 32bit RedHat 9.  So they had GRUB installed.  I
debootstrapped a woody+biarch toolchain and compiled a 64bit kernel.  I put
the vmlinuz in my /boot next to RH's kernel, and editted GRUB's menu.lst to
boot it.  I didn't need a special version GRUB, or _anything_ special to
boot a 64bit kernel.  (I should probably find a biarch modutils for RH9,
though.)

 So you should be able to follow any set of instructions for installing GRUB.

 Once the kernel is booted, user space can be anything you like, I suppose,
depending on the root= kernel argument.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)