Re: Making /pure64 image bootable

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 11:53:19PM -0700, Toshikazu Aiyama, Ph.D. wrote:
> Again could you please help me to boot up!  Thank you,
> in advance.

 On my Opteron cluster with Tyan 2880 motherboards, the machines were
initially running plain 32bit RedHat 9.  So they had GRUB installed.  I
debootstrapped a woody+biarch toolchain and compiled a 64bit kernel.  I put
the vmlinuz in my /boot next to RH's kernel, and editted GRUB's menu.lst to
boot it.  I didn't need a special version GRUB, or _anything_ special to
boot a 64bit kernel.  (I should probably find a biarch modutils for RH9,

 So you should be able to follow any set of instructions for installing GRUB.

 Once the kernel is booted, user space can be anything you like, I suppose,
depending on the root= kernel argument.

#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)