Re: Handeling of lib64 directories in packages.

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 06:29:24AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:
> >
> > > For the record, my current plan for pure64 whenever we get space on
> > > ftp.d.o or a new repository, is to install the following symlink:
> >
> > Whats wrong with alioth? Need help setting it up or making an upload
> > queue?
>
> Yes.  I've never really learned how to set up something in the amd64
> project on Alioth that would make it distinct from biarch64.  If you
> would set such a thing up and tell us how to use it, I would be happy
> to.

Would the following layout be ok:

debian-pure64/dists/sid/main/binary-amd64/Packages
debian-pure64/dists/sid/main/source/Sources
debian-pure64/pool/main/a/apache/apache_version_amd64.deb
debian-pure64/incoming
debian-pure64/doc

The apt/sources.list then would be

deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/debina-pure64 sid main

If you are in the debian-amd64 group you can find the archive at

/org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/ftproot/pub/debian-amd64/

and can just create the subdirs you need there. Since pure64 is only
one arch you can use (or adapt) the mini-dinstall package to manage
the archive. I already talked to the alioth admins asking if its ok to
run dinstall to manage the archive for biarch and they said thats
ok. So I guess you can go right ahead with mini-dinstall.

When setting up the directory structure take care to give the group
write permission so everyone in the group can fix things if needed.

I suggest moving the existing files all into a "debian-biarch" subdir
to make it distinct what belongs to where.

MfG
        Goswin