Re: GCC pure64 for building numeric stuff and GCC

i'm sending this to the list, so other people can weigh in.

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 03:25:07PM -0800, Alex Perry wrote:
> Because, since I sent that to you, I actually tried the kernel it built.
> 8-(

i finally got one built using woody+alioth+gcc.bart, but it doesn't boot
either. it dies in init, in sysfs_create_somethingorother. someone on
#debian-amd64 said that 2.6.4's x86 compat code is broken, and that
2.6.5-rc2 works. 2.6.5-rc2 is what i tried, though. the sysfs call trace
seems to tell that it isn't even loading init yet. i'm pretty sure that the
kernel mounts /sys itself, not init, but i could be wrong. maybe the compat
code is still broken, or maybe it's alioth's biarch.

--
Tom Vier <tmv@comcast.net>
DSA Key ID 0x15741ECE