Clarification?

Hello,

I'm just about to enter the AMD64 universe with a new dual-processor system. As a long-time Debian user, I'd like to make certain I've made sense of several issues.

As I understand it, pure64 is will be (when finished) a 100% 64-bit installation of Debian sid, and that about two-thirds of the packages have been compiled for AMD64 at this point.

Also, I gather that the standard installation procedure involves:

1) Installing a 32-bit Debian distro
2) Compiling a custom and installing a 64-bit kernel
3) Installing pure64 on a secondary path
4) Chrooting to the pure64 path when wanting to run 64-bit apps

The above design keeps the 64-bit libraries from tripping over their 32-bit counterparts.

Am I correct? And if not, can someone here clarify?

--
Scott Robert Ladd