Re: WARNING

* John Goerzen (jgoerzen@complete.org) wrote:
> DO NOT run apt-get update, dist-upgrade, or install until farther
> notice.

As mentioned, you just need to recreate the lib64 -> lib symlink.  The
problem is that the procps package in the chroot installs to /lib64, but
it's the only thing, so dpkg removes the link when the old procps is
removed which breaks everything because everything's compiled with a
linker library of /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2.

This brings up an interesting point- there isn't really any reason for
it to be using that, and if we changed it to be /lib/ld-linux-* we
wouldn't be depending on that /lib64 symlink (though people could still
make it if they wanted it for whatever reason).

For the pure64 port I'd like to strongly suggest that we change the
linker to be /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 and drop the dependency on the
/lib64 symlink.  I know this will mean recompiling everything but that
should go alot faster now because the circular deps shouldn't be a
problem.

	Thanks,

		Stephen