AMD64 64bit vs 32bit speed increase

I just did a simple speed test with oggenc 32bit vs 64bit under a 64bit
kernel to see what kind of speed increase we could see... I picked ogg
since I maintain it and its typically cpu bound.

oggenc -Q -q5 song.wav

32bit 21.975s
64bit 14.584s

That is a 50% speed increase on the same box only difference is running
32bit binaries in sid vs the 64bit binaries I just compiled.

I can't upload the new 64bit binaries yet since I had to remove all
the plugins from libao (playback plugins) to get it to compile.

Chris Cheney