Re: Concerns about AMD64 port

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 01:03:05AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> I mean, you can *do* something about this. If you have an amd64 box
> which is connected to the internet, get in touch with John Goerzen about
> wanna-build and just start the 64-bit port already :)

And on that note, I should update everyone on the status here.  Thanks
to Stephen Frost making a machine available, and Tollef's generous help with
libc, I am well on the way to making a pure AMD64 environment.  I have
already a chroot starting to work, with enough to support dpkg in there.

Once this is a working build environment, I will use it to build the
environment from scratch a second time, since some vestiges of the
Alioth repo remain.

My time will be more limited in the next few days, but I hope to have it
far enough along to support an autobuilder within a week.  It should be
cdebootstrappable shortly thereafter.

-- John