debian opteron support status query

Hi I am interested in knowing the current status of debian support for
amd64. The reason I am interested is that in the near future I will be
acquiring a dual opteron machine. As I am used to debian I would like to
stick to it rather than use other version of Linux. I would also like to
know where I can look to find some documentation on how upto date is the
document from debian.org/ports/amd64. If someone could point me to good
reference I would really appreciate it. I am currently not subscribed to
this mailing list would really appreciate it if you could copy the reply
to me.

Thanks,

Bharath

---