Re: debian opteron support status query

I ended up with a nice Gentoo 64-bit build.  Runs fine.  Even with a
d*mn'd Si3114 SATA controller (well, it's pretty nice now, but 3 weeks
ago...).

I'm really hoping (praying!) that the people doing the
"OtherOStoDebian" scripts (i.e. RH -> Debian, *BSD -> Debian) do the
same, administration of GenToo is okay, but it isn't efficient or even
close to being as nice as the dselect/apt-get combination, sigh...

best,
-tony