Re: Hardware donation

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 02:56:56PM -0400, Bart Trojanowski wrote:
> * Thom May <thom@positive-internet.com> [030611 14:39]:

>> Also, what sort of level of hardware would be best? I imagine that
>> a low end box with a decent amount of ram and disk space would
>> probably be fine?

> At this time a lowest of the low end AMD64 box will run you about
> $2k USD.  It will include 2 Opteron 240 CPUs, an MSI K8D master
> mobo, ~ 1G of RAM, and a modest hard-disk.

I looked a bit at online resellers, the absolutely bottom price is
more like 1100 USD. This includes only 256MB RAM, and one CPU. HD is
ATA (which is fine, I guess). Only one year guarantee on the parts,
too. I didn't really look at the details, maybe absolutely necessary
things like NIC are missing, too.

http://www.micropro.com/syslist.htm?product=Servers&sub=AMD%20Opteron%20Servers

--
Lionel