Proper recipe?

Given the very recent appearance of somewhat complete amd64
repositories, what is currently the best recipe for
amd64-bootstrapping an existing Debian sarge or sid machine?  I am
personally running sid, happily-so in 32-bit mode, but I'd love to get
the 64-bit toolchain on here so I can hack (what are hopefully few)
32-bit-only programs to work in the presence of 64-bit pointers.

In particular, is it now possible for me to get the biarch gcc
compiler (preferably 3.3.2) onto my machine without compiling it from
the GNU source?